Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Change Your Thoughts... - Verse 4

This verse talks about abundance, in whatever form.  It encourages you to let go of the idea of lack and accept that whatever you need is there or on its way.  As I'm reading this I think back to the last verse and my musings on it.  While reading I'm thinking of the car I want - a brand new Chevy Equinox - and I wonder at how I will be able to afford it.  But as this reading says, as The Secret says, I need to think of it on it's way.  I don't need to concern myself with how I'll get it, just know that I will.  I decided that I will write it down in a positive sort of sense and read it often.  Acting and visualizing as if I already have it.  In fact I will visualize myself having all of the things I want.

The reading also says to observe things and at times just be and notice rather than reacting or responding.  It was noted to me years back that if people only spoke when it was truly relevant as an exchange of information we would all speak much less.  I have to agree, while polite conversation is all well and good, much of it is merely a formality or for no particular productive reason (eg just to share or catch up with someone).

The ending quote I really like:

Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.


* * * 

Reflecting...8/14/11

This verse after thinking about it reminds me that the energy that is the Tao is everywhere and in everything.  Since we're all made up of us this energy there is plenty of it to go around so there is no need to view yourself as ever lacking anything for the energy is just there waiting to manifest!



...contemplate yourself being surrounded by the conditions you wish to produce...

No comments:

Post a Comment